Two SUV Drivers Fatally Hit Man on Linden Boulevard
Two westbound SUV drivers were involved in the 4:03 a.m. March 7 crash that killed a pedestrian at Linden Boulevard and Rockaway Avenue; police said both drivers left the scene.

What We Know
Police said two drivers in light-colored SUVs, both traveling west on Linden Boulevard, hit a man believed to be in his 30s near Rockaway Avenue before dawn on March 7. The first driver had a green light, police told the Daily News; a second driver ran over the man as he lay in the roadway, and both drivers left. Medics took him to Brookdale University Hospital, where he died. The city crash record lists two westbound SUVs going straight ahead and records driver inattention or distraction for both drivers; its record for the man killed also lists traffic-control disregard.
Police described two impacts and two drivers leaving
The official crash record places the fatal crash at 4:03 a.m. on March 7, 2026, at Linden Boulevard and Rockaway Avenue in Brooklyn. It records one pedestrian killed and two westbound SUVs that were going straight ahead.
Police told the Daily News the man was standing in the westbound lanes when a driver in a light-colored SUV, traveling west with a green light, hit him at about 4:05 a.m. Police said a second driver in another light-colored SUV then ran over him as he lay in the roadway, and neither driver remained at the scene.
The man killed had not been named in the reviewed reports
Police said the victim was believed to be in his 30s and had no identification on him. Medics took him to Brookdale University Hospital, where he died.
A friend told the Daily News he panhandled around the area and described him as "a people's person" and "down to earth." The friend also called the area dangerous, saying, "I almost got hit a couple of times."
Linden Boulevard has recorded a heavy toll
The crash happened at Linden Boulevard and Rockaway Avenue in Brownsville. CrashCountNYC's corridor data for Linden Boulevard in Brooklyn shows 2,223 crashes, 1,585 injuries, 64 serious injuries and 8 deaths from the start of 2022 through June 1, 2026.
Records list driver inattention and traffic-control disregard
The city crash record lists driver inattention or distraction as a contributing factor for each SUV driver. The fatal-pedestrian record lists traffic-control disregard for the man killed, while police separately told the Daily News that the first driver had a green light.
As of the Daily News report on March 8, police said no arrests had been made.